Many Beatles songs were based on Dreams

John Lennon got the names from the Beatles from a Flaming Pie vision.

Paul McCartney got Let It Be from a dream he had of his departed mom.

"I woke up and I remembered the dream, and I thought, 'Well, that's a great idea.' And I then sat down and wrote the song using the feeling from that dream and of my mum coming to me in the dream."

Paul also composed the melody of Yesterday from a dream.

"Yesterday came to me in a dream, but at this time it wasn't just my mom saying a phrase," he said. 

"This was a whole tune that was in my head. I had no idea where it came from.

"Best I can think is that my computer [in my head] through the years loaded all these things and finally printed out this song in a dream kind of thing. I have to believe that that's magical. I have no other rational explanation for it."

Comments